Verification of the accuracy of the conclusion of the examination of handwriting and signature. In legal practice, sometimes have to deal with the need to verify the conclusion of the expert handwriting. Of course, the best way to deal with this is forensic experts who work With us and have over 10 years of experience.
Counsel, investigators and judges are left to use the recommendations specified in the forensic literature or criminal procedure legislation, consider them.
Among all the methods of checking the reliability of the conclusions of the expert handwriting investigator and the court is the most universal comparison of the facts established by the expert, with other evidence in the case and confirmation or refutation of the conclusions of the expert.
If, as a result of such a comparison, contradictions are found, the investigator and the court need to find out their cause. The contradiction may be due to the unreliability of the conclusion of the expert or the unreliability of evidence contradicting this conclusion.
The investigator and the court should take all necessary measures to eliminate such contradictions. To this end, new procedural actions can be carried out to verify both the conclusions of the expert handwriting expert and the evidence contradicting them.
Various methods can be used to verify the validity of the expert’s conclusions:
- a) the interrogation of an expert investigator and obtaining the necessary clarification or amendments that may help to resolve existing contradictions and to assess the reliability of the conclusions of the expert;
- b) summoning an expert who made an expert examination during the preliminary investigation to the court;
- C) appointment of additional or repeated forensic handwriting examination, if there are grounds provided in the CPC, and the use of the results to verify the reliability of the findings of the primary examination;
- d) the production of other procedural actions that can be used to verify the reliability of the expert’s conclusions (interrogation, confrontation, inspection of documents, etc.).);
- e) announcement of the expert’s opinion and discussion of it by all participants of process in case examination was carried out only on preliminary investigation and the expert does not participate in judicial proceedings.
These methods of checking the reliability of the expert’s conclusions-handwriting indicate the presence of an extensive Arsenal of very effective procedural tools that can be used by the investigator and the court to assess the expert’s opinion.
If you need to check the accuracy of the conclusion of the examination of handwriting and signature, please contact us.